Why do you want to lose weight in the first place?
The answer I get most from people is, “Because I think I’m too fat!”
Think about this in a different way. A better answer is, “Because I’m overweight.” If you’re overweight, it’s because you have too much body fat. I want you to look better, feel better and be healthy. Now, doesn’t this sound much better? And isn’t this a much better reason for wanting to lose weight?
Let’s talk about body fat for a moment. Many times, we accumulate a lot of body fat, simply from the foods we eat. Many people have too much fat stored in their bodies. This is why they’re overweight. Being overweight is not good. Having excess body fat is worse. It’s not healthy. I not only want you to lose weight and look your best. I also want you to be healthy.
Let’s think about how we can get rid of that body fat. Losing fat is not that hard to do. There are some very simple ways you can get rid of this body fat that will take 10 pounds or more off you within the first week. Start getting into the following habits immediately, and you will start to see the body fat, and the weight drop off.
7 Ways to Lose Body Fat
- First, try to avoid some of the foods that are white foods. White is usually the sign of fat. Not all white foods, are loaded with fat, or, contain fat. The foods you need to go easy on are, white bread, pasta, potatoes and cheese. If you have a lot of body fat, you have probably been eating foods like these in excess, as part of your daily diet. Try to avoid them if you can, but if you can’t, go much easier on them. And please, don’t eat any of these foods at night. If you have to eat them, eat them early in the day. But again, try to avoid them in excess if you can.
- There are other white foods that are very good for you,, and will not cause you to accumulate body fat. Eat a lot of chicken. It is delicious, and good for you. Fish is another food that is good to eat. My 101 year old Chinese friend I wrote about in the previous article ate a lot of chicken and fish, which is why he had not one ounce of fat on his body. Try to get into the habit of eating more vegetables. One of the most healthy vegetables, which happens to be another white food, is cauliflower.
- Red meat is delicious, and hard to resist. But it’s loaded with fat. Try to avoid red meat as part of your everyday diet. It’s fine to have red meat every once and a while, but please don’t eat it everyday. Steak and other red meats are very heavy. You will be heavy too if you eat them on a regular basis. If you have to eat red meat, have your local butcher give you the most lean portions. If possible, try to stay away from them altogether. Chicken and fish are good substitutes for red meat. And, believe it or not, if you get into the habit of eating chicken and fish, instead of beef, you’ll start liking them much better. If you don’t believe me, try them, and just see how you will start to look and feel. Start eating chicken and fish instead, and you will notice how much better you look and feel right away.
- If you love coffee as much as I do, that is just fine. However, try to leave out the cream and sugar. In fact, cream and sugar is the best way to ruin a good cup of coffee. Coffee by itself is one of life’s little pleasures. Do this, and you will soon get rid of more body fat. Do this for a month, and it will make a difference of at least another 10 to 20 pounds. If you start drinking coffee black, and get used to it, you’ll never be able to drink it with cream and sugar again.
- If you have to drink sodas, like Coca-Cola, or Pepsi, try to avoid the ones that contain sugar. You may be thinking, “I don’t want to drink those terrible diet drinks.” Start drinking them, and very soon, you will not be able to go back to the sugary drinks. They will begin to taste sticky sweet, and you will not like this. This will reduce body fat, and will make another difference of 10 pounds within a week.
- There is one food that is the one most healthy food you can eat. This is celery. Eating celery actually takes weigh off you, for reasons I will give you at a later time. If you start eating celery, and get used to eating it, you will love it. I do not recommend eating late at night, but if you absolutely have to, eat celery. The same thing I am saying about celery is also true for carrots, lettuce and cauliflower. You can eat these foods anytime, and they will NEVER place you in danger of gaining weight.
- Drink lots of water. Try to drink at least 8 glasses a day. You should be doing this anyway. Water will serve two purposes. First, it will make you eat less. Many people eat because it’s a habit, and not because they’re hungry. When you eat, you just want something in your stomach. Water will serve this purpose, and cause you to not want to eat because it will fill you up, and you will feel just great. Second, water will make you go to the bathroom. When you do this, you can easily drop a few pounds in the process. If you have to eat at night, drink water instead. The difference this will make is phenomenal.
There you have it. I told you that losing body fat is not hard to do. All you really have to do is develop some new habits.
Before making these changes, think positive. Say to yourself, “I cant do this.” You can, and you will do this. I have confidence in you. You will be so happy, and you will never want to go back to the way you used to do things.
What is even more fascinating is, you will be overwhelmed by what you see next. You’ll see results within a week.
Don’t procrastinate. Just do it! You’ll notice a huge difference.