By now, you know that you don’t have to stop eating, and you can still lose weight. To lose weight, you have to eat, and eat healthy. Healthy eating is the cornerstone of weight loss.
You want to lose weight in the first place because you want to enjoy life – RIGHT? I sure hope so. Liking yourself, liking the way you look and feel, and feeling good about yourself is what you will experience when you lose weight. The way you can accomplish all of this is through healthy eating.
I want you to like everything about yourself, and I want you to do it for a long time. Therefore, I want you to do whatever you can to improve your chances for a longer life. Again, healthy eating is the ticket to a fuller, richer, long life.
Healthy Eating Improves the Chances for a Longer Life
The human body is like a well oiled machine. Like any machine, it requires constant maintenance. The right maintenance is what keeps the human body in good working order. A body that is kept is good working order will look good, feel good, and be in top shape.
This maintenance of the human body is in the foods we eat. The choice of foods you eat will not only keep the body healthy and in good working order, but will also contribute more towards the ability to lose weight.
There are seven basic guidelines for losing weight through healthy eating.
- First, you must eat a variety of foods. Don’t concentrate mainly on candy, cookies, doughnuts, ice cream, and the many other junk foods.
- Second, you should arrive at your desired weight, and maintain it.
- Next, try to avoid consuming too much fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Forth, try to eat foods with adequate starch and fiber. This will keep your system working properly, and will be a major step in your weight loss effort.
- Avoid consuming an excessive amount of sugar.
- Avoid too much sodium or salt. Naturally, you want your food to taste good, but don’t overdo it. For example, at lunch, eat a meat and two vegetables, instead of a bag of potato chips. This will also help your blood pressure. Consider another point – when baking bread, it is the salt that helps the bread rise, along with the yeast. Compare bread dough rising with your body.
- Finally, if you drink alcohol, do it in moderation.
If you will put the above methods on healthy eating into action, along with the ones in a previous article, “Losing Weight – How? – Stop Eating? – I Don’t Think So”, you will have a very good head start on your ability to both stay healthy and lose weight.