There are many ways to lose weight. Some are better than others. Some leave you fulfilled, while others leave you miserable.
People struggle with weight loss. The number one reason people don’t lose weight is, they give up too soon.
The 3 ways to lose weight I’m about to give you will help you in the following ways: First, your craving for food will decrease, tremendously. You’ll be able to lose weight quickly, without being hungry or miserable. Second, your rate of metabolism will improve. Finally, your system will function properly, which is very healthy.
Go easy on the Sugars and Starches
This is the most important part – Carbohydrates. Your system changes carbohydrates into blood sugar.
These foods cause the secretion of insulin, which is the main fat storage in the body. The lower the insulin level, the easier it is for the body to burn fat.
If you reduce your intake of sugars and starches, it is not unusual for you to lose ten pounds or more in the very first week after making this change.
Eat protein, some fat and plenty of vegetables
Every meal should include at least one protein, fat and vegetable source. This will bring your intake of carbohydrates to the level at which the body will be better able to burn off the fat.
Protein is the key element here. Foods with protein will cause you to feel full, in which case, you won’t be inclined to indulge in late night snacking. Protein also has a mental effect, in that, you won’t even think about food.
Foods with protein are meat, fish and seafood, and eggs. As far as seafood is concerned, the most recommended is salmon. This is not only healthy and good for weight loss. According to a pathologist friend of mine, it’s also very good for the heart. Tuna is also an excellent source of protein, and almost as healthy as salmon. I recommend you stay away from shrimp, clams or any other shell fish.
Vegetable are some of the best foods you can eat, because they’re not going to make you gain weight, no matter what. Some excellent low carb vegetables are, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, cucumbers, and celery. Broccoli is the most highly recommended, because it is the most healthy, and it is known to fight cancer.
The foods recommended for fat sources are, olive oil, coconut oil, and butter. Just don’t go for a hamburger or French fries. Also, don’t be afraid to consume some fat. The purpose of this plan is to reduce your intake of carbohydrates. If you try to reduce your fat and carbohydrate intake at the same time, there will be a conflict of interest within the body. This is a recipe for disaster.
Lift weights, four times a week
To the surprise of many, weight lifting will burn fat like clockwork, because it keeps the rate of metabolism working the way it should.
The best days are, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. During each day’s weight lifting session, try to get at least 300 lifts.
As a general rule, you may consider pushing on Monday and Thursday. These are exercises like bench pressing. Then, you can pull on Tuesday and Friday. These are curls and similar exercises.
As you do weight lifting and strength training, you’ll gain muscles. On the other hand, the fat you burn will out weight the muscle you gain.
If you’re not a fan of weight lifting, you can do cardio, jogging, bike riding, swimming or even walking. These exercises will also work out just fine for you.
Other weight loss tips that will making losing weight easier and healthier
- Drink plenty of water. There’s no such thing as drinking too much water. This helps in two ways. First, water fills you up, making you want to eat less. Second, it boosts your metabolism
- Drink coffee and tea. Drink it unsweetened, of course. They contain no calories, so you can drink as much as you want, as often as you want. They also increase the metabolism.
- Eat eggs for breakfast instead of cereal. Eggs are high in protein. Eating eggs for breakfast will fill you up, and keep you feeling full for more than 24 hours. This can help you lose over 60 percent more weight.
- Eat foods with fiber. Fiber is always good for you. It goes right through, and will keep that excess weight off you, especially in the belly area. Fiber also minimizes the risk for cancer.
- Eat your food from a smaller plate. This sounds a little bazaar, but psychologically, it works. You will eat less.
- Get a good night sleep every night. A relaxed night sleep is essential to burning fat. A restless night causes the body to be tense, in which case, fat burning is very difficult.